You can apply for your provisional licence up to 3 months before your 17th Birthday but it will not be valid until you actually turn 17 so you will not be able to take lessons on a public road, or take your theory test until then.
You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:
- Are a resident of Great Britain.
- Meet the minimum age requirement.
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
- Are currently not prevented from driving for any reason.
- Can pay by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card.
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity.
- Can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years.
As a photo is required for your licence the DVLA can use your passport photo if you have one. If you don’t have one, or you want to use a different one, this will need to be sent to the DVLA separately.
Motorway Driving Lessons– Admiral Driving School in Leeds imparts Motorway lessons to learners in a car with displayed L plates and dual control system managed by approved driving instructors. This enhances driving skills along with good anticipation about the road or managing the vehicle.
Refresher Driving Lessons– This course is specifically designed for those who have passed their tests but are still not confident with their driving skills. Accompanied by an expert instructor from Admiral Driving School, you are sure to get more confident, making the experience truly worthwhile.